Is Your Website Accessible to People with Disabilities?
Almost 20 percent of North Americans have a disability that may affect the way they experience your website. This can interfere with their ability to navigate your site, consume your content, fill out a form, or make a purchase.
And as the population ages, more of your web visitors will suffer declining sight, hearing, and mobility that will affect their experience on your site.
Having an accessible website is now the law in many places, and in the next several years, accessibility legislation will become more stringent.
We can help ensure your site meets accessibility guidelines
Here’s how we can help ensure you’re not shutting out potential website visitors:
- We’ll review your approach and accessibility goals: We’ll ask questions like whether you’re planning a site redesign or working with an existing site, and what level of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines you’re planning to implement. Then we’ll develop a methodology and plan to audit, remediate, and maintain your site accessibility-wise, as well as communicate the results and ongoing efforts with the public.
- Assist with stakeholder buy-in: We strongly believe in the merits and benefits of an accessible website, which extend well beyond reaching people with disabilities. We would be happy to help you build a business case to present to your organization’s leaders.
- Perform an accessibility site audit: We’ll work with your tech team and content creators to build an in-depth understanding of your site’s structure, content, and functionality. We’ll conduct a site audit for issues such as colour contrast, screen reader compatibility, and text alternatives; and generate a report organized with the full WCAG criteria list to give you everything you’ll need to proceed with remediation work.
- Implement, or assist with implementing, a site remediation plan: We can implement the remediation plan, or we can provide support and QA work alongside your tech, content, and design teams as they carry out the accessibility implementation.
- Provide accessibility training: We can train your content, design, and tech teams on key accessibility remediation tasks such as adding “alt” tags, captions, and transcripts, as well as on the development and implementation of technical and editorial guidelines to ensure ongoing conformance with the latest accessibility guidelines.
Making the web more accessible to people with disabilities is an area we’re passionate about.
Contact us to chat about your web accessibility needs.
Want to learn more about web accessibility? Download our free ebook All-inclusive: A beginner’s guide to the art and science of website accessibility.
Learn more about web accessibility:
- Why an accessible website benefits your business
- Understanding your web accessibility audience
- How to create accessible forms
- The screen reader experience
Read all our posts on web accessibility.
Read more about our web accessibility work:
Hi, we're Mugo Web - Nice to meet you!
We're a group of web experts who solve complex web problems.Learn more about us »
What Our Clients Say
We have been using [Mugo] for editing, consulting, support and training services in North America for the last 3 years and we still do. Aleksander Farstad, CEO, eZ Systems
[Mugo has] the rare blend of business knowledge and deep technical expertise, and they excel at listening to business requirements and translating those requirements into intelligent and reliable software products. Graham Tillotson, Co-Founder, Tandem, Chicago
[Mugo is] able to work on all aspects of software solutions -- front end/UI, core code, modules and extensions, application integration, and infrastructure -- and they are extremely capable in all of those areas. Graham Tillotson, Co-Founder, Tandem, Chicago
I highly recommend Mugo to anyone in need of a competent and dependable technology partner. Graham Tillotson, Co-Founder, Tandem, Chicago
If you ask me what is the first thing you think of about the Mugo team, I would say that they listen. Daniel Iribarren, Tangerix
Mugo Web is not another service provider. One of the things I really like about [them] is that they care about my project and myself. That is why I call them my partners. Daniel Iribarren, Tangerix
Mugo Web is not just a group of geeks. They are a team of highly knowledgeable technology and business people. [They] will help you to use geek stuff to solve business problems. Daniel Iribarren, Tangerix
I have worked with more than 10 different production centers and what they delivered to me was geek stuff. Not business solutions. [Mugo] understands that they are helping you to design solutions to satisfy or solve business problems. Daniel Iribarren, Tangerix
[Mugo is] fast, efficient, and always helpful. They respond positively to questions and offer great solutions to technical problems. Susan Wright, Director of Operations, Toronto Arts Council and Foundation
We've been extremely pleased with the work Mugo has done for us. They have been responsive and understanding in dealing with the complexities of our needs. Wendy Prugh, Program Manager, The Christian Science Monitor
[Mugo] has demonstrated a high caliber of competency in the work they do, and it instills great confidence in us to know that we have such quality professionals in our corner. We certainly look forward to continuing this relationship! Wendy Prugh, Program Manager, The Christian Science Monitor
Thank you very much Mugo Web for the work you've done. You valued and respected our time, produced quality work, paid attention to detail and understood the JPLradio concept. For that, I/we thank you. Troy B. Williams, Founder & Program Director, Just Positive Lyrics Radio
We thoroughly enjoy our working relationship with Mugo Web. They are customer-focused, take the time to listen, give good solid advice with our best interests in mind, and have a quick turnaround time. Paul O'Sullivan, IT Specialist, New Society Publishers
From our first contact, the team at Mugo has shown an unprecedented level of commitment to our web projects... ending almost 4 years of struggling! They are fast, precise and thorough, and definitely stand out in the industry! Sébastien Michel, Director, Frogs-in-NZ
In the three months Mugo worked on our new version -- which had stalled with our previous developers -- we have made more progress than ever before. Sébastien Michel, Director, Frogs-in-NZ
Mugo Web's breadth of expertise, high quality of work, and insightful online business consulting help us to focus on providing reliable, balanced data and analysis that our readers have come to trust. Mike Boniello, Chief Operations Officer, Rasmussen Reports
In addition to the features that readers see, Mugo has made significant workflow and content structure improvements that have saved time for our editors who work within the content management system all day. Mike Boniello, Chief Operations Officer, Rasmussen Reports
[Mugo] has shown their expert knowledge of eZ Publish on large, high-traffice enterprise customers, and they are responsive and dedicated. Aleksander Farstad, CEO, eZ Systems
We recommend Mugo highly as an expert team with a remarkably strong commitment to building great projects that work. Craig Riggs, Project Lead, 49th Shelf
The Mugo team has always added considerable value in improving not only the back-end systems and server-side performance for the site but also in strengthening the user experience and usability. Craig Riggs, Project Lead, 49th Shelf
Mugo has consistently delivered beyond our already-high expectations. Craig Riggs, Project Lead, 49th Shelf
I've been working closely with Mugo over the past few years on a variety of projects. The reason I've come back to them again and again is because they are excellent to work with. Each time we had a new project we would talk in detail about the goals and workflow. Because we had discussed everything in detail up front, the trial versions of the programs were always already quite well developed even in early stages.
The Mugo team is always prompt with their replies to any query I might have, and quick to solve any issues that may arise.
I think we all agree that the experience has been excellent. I would not even consider hiring anyone else! Dr. Caroline Tyson, Emergency Physician,
I had the pleasure to work with Mugo Web back in 2014. They were exceptionally professional, patient and helpful as we tried to meander our way through a complex website rebuild with multiple stakeholders. They held our hand on technical issues, stepped up to the plate and got their hands dirty to get the work done and also knew when to step away to let us process when needed. They were a real joy for us to work with. Kate Chalmers, Director Marketing Operations, Hootsuite Media Inc
Baseball standings stats engine
From the ground up, we built a fully-featured stats engine for professional baseball team and 2009 Dominican Winter Baseball League champion Licey.Learn more about what we did »
Yes - we can do that.
Many years of experience with complex websites allows us to offer total solutions.Learn more about what we can do »