By: Doug Plant | March 3, 2010 | Work at Mugo
We're still growing. This is becoming a theme.
We hired Ben a few months ago, and in spite of the amount of Ben that there is — he's like 6'4" — we need more.
Here follows the job description that we are aiming to fill. If you, or someone you know, is a good fit, please contact us.
Mugo Web is a Vancouver-based web development company that has worked on large and notable sites, from migrating content to the new Car and Driver site, to overhauling the Royal Columbian Hospital's website, to setting up an online book store for BC-based Theytus Books. We emphasize a good customer experience and have a friendly team. We specialize in the enterprise Content Management System, eZ Publish.
We are looking for a web developer who has strong technical skills and equally as important, the soft skills to communicate well and work in a team. You will translate client needs into working web solutions. You will use technology to create solutions, rather than create solutions that highlight the latest and greatest technology. You have a passion for creating websites.
A huge asset is experience in using eZ Publish. That being said, we understand that eZ Publish, although hugely powerful and flexible, does not have the name recognition of some other CMSs in North America. Some regular eZ Publish tasks include:
- Creating efficient and intuitive content models for positive user experiences
- Connecting the system to external systems
- Setting up payment workflows
- Setting up publishing workflows
- Writing template functions and operators
- Creating custom modules and views
- Optimizing cache and clustering configurations
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- A desire to continuously learn
- An awareness of what you're good at and where you need to improve
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Good listener and communicator
- Able to relate to other people's needs
- Project management skills: know when to update your team members; able to work according to project specifications; able to attend to client needs
- Advanced in PHP and ability to learn a Smarty-like templating language
- Comfortable with the LAMP stack
- Very Nice to have: experience with: reverse proxies like Squid and Varnish; load balancers; MySQL master/slave setups
- Nice to have: good eye for design
Please submit your resume and cover letter, along with examples of web-related projects you've done, to hi [ at ] mugo.ca.