Senior Web Developer
Is this the right fit for you?
A senior developer at Mugo has worked on a wide range of different kinds of projects and brings that experience. Their experience includes: gathering requirements from stakeholders; triaging those requirements within the appropriate constraints; owning the solution out to the first delivery, and supporting those solutions over the years of our relationship with clients.
At Mugo, we all take on different roles in different projects, but when in “senior” mode, a senior developer writes excellent tickets for other developers, providing all the support needed to ensure a good deliverable. A senior developer is an excellent communicator, organized, and nice to be around.
Our mission is to build long-lasting, business-critical websites. We develop best-in-class, practical, and efficient solutions that provide good value to our clients. We support our clients’ goals with professionalism and commitment, and keep a focus on developing mutually beneficial long-term relationships.
Getting the work-life balance right is important to us. From the Mugo side, we offer stability and flexibility; from the developer’s side we hope for a long-term commitment. About half the Mugo team have young children.
- Expert with the LAMP stack
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Symfony
- Experience with Varnish or other reverse proxies
- Experience with AWS, load balancers, and other web infrastructure
- Experience with MySQL, master-slave, and performance
- Experience debugging difficult problems on complex production systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Always improving
- Understand working in a team; from delegating to always delivering for teammates
- Ability to appreciate and critique design and UX
- Fluent communication
- A sense of humour
How to apply
First, take a couple minutes to visit our website and read a bit more about what we do.
Then, send a cover letter and your resume to jobs AT mugo DOT ca, using the subject line "I love LAMP".