We're looking for a web designer who has some technical skills!
The website designer would work out of our New Westminster office.
Why people like working at Mugo
- We work on interesting and challenging projects
- Our clients trust and respect us
- Our team is technically skilled and values a high quality product
- We're aggressive about getting better and understand the process of learning
- We make time to help each other
- eZ Publish is a rocking framework
- Internally, we make a distinct effort to cut out as much politics and administrative red tape as possible
- We are relatively small but our business is stable
- We take our work seriously but don't take ourselves too seriously
- We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits
- We have regular work-at-home days
- There is opportunity to travel for conferences and to meet with clients
- Our office is in a great location in downtown New Westminster with a great view!
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Design client websites from scratch
- Redesign existing client websites
- Design new sections of existing client websites based on existing designs
- Create annotated wireframes
- Create style guides
- Create content sitemaps and develop information architectures
- Help out with additional client design needs, including logo design and print materials
- Quote and outline potential projects. This involves consulting with clients, reading RFPs and requirements documentation, and working with the development team to develop estimates.
- Work with Mugo's marketing manager to create campaigns targeted at specific verticals, such as publishing, health care, and higher education
- Conscientious and humble
- A desire to continuously learn
- An awareness of what you're good at and where you need to improve
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Good listener and communicator
- Able to relate to other people's needs
- Highly organized
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of web design experience
- An existing web design portfolio
- Must love technology and the web
- Fluent in English
How to apply
First, take a couple minutes to visit our website and read a bit more about what we do.
Then, send a cover letter and your resume to jobs AT mugo DOT ca, using the subject line "I love LAMP".